Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pagerizing with a "Happy Birthday"

When I heard the word "Pagerize" for the first time in the crafty word, the first thought I had was "virtual or physical paging," but surely this had nothing to do with Operating Systems. Kathy from Scrap our Stash is hosting a new type of challenge called "Pagerize This." Best would be if you hopped over to the challenge blog to read more about "pagerizing."

To be honest, I was a little stumped by this challenge, since Kathy's layout was just so brilliant in so many ways. What I fell in love with was the sequencing of the pictures. So I decided to center my concept on that. Combine that thought with this poster, and an idea starts brewing.



When the latest Embellish challenge called for squares, the concept of panels and sequencing started coming about. The other inspiration actually came from the sponsor's name and logo: Inchie Arts. I had this picture of a caterpillar inching along from panel to panel. But then I realized I didn't have any appropriate images to inch across the panels.

Luckily I had picked out some coordinating materials to fulfill the color portion. I was mindlessly playing with an array of New Leaf Vintage Buttons, when it hit me like an oncoming astroid. And a card was born:


Happy Birthday
Stamps: Free Spirit - Sentiments (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - Black (Papertrey Ink); Preppie Pack - Purple (Bazzill Basics Paper); Textured Basic Card Stock - ? (DCWV?)
Ink: Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Fresh Snow (Colorbox)
Embellishments: Gelly Roll Metallic - Silver (Sakura), Vintage Buttons - New Leaf (Papertrey Ink)


For the sentiment, I instinctively grabbed my favorite boy set "Free Spirit," since the recipient was a guy.

Happy Birthday

To match the silver shiny sentiment, I threaded the buttons with silver twine. Some were four-hole buttons, others are two. Absolutely love how it just came together.

Remember, that for Scrap Our Stash "Pagerize This" challenge there is surprise participation candy to be had! Make sure to click on "Email Me" link on the left pane, if you have submitted your contributions.

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Yikes. That's fabulous. I love the buttons accenting the inchies. I love that some are four hole buttons, others are two. I love that you threaded them all. Yep. I love the whole thing.

Maile Belles said...

Great job with the squares and buttons! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.

Related Posts with Thumbnails