Friday, September 17, 2010

September Halloween Waltz

The monthly installment of the Waltzingmouse Blog Waltz is on! Thanks for stopping by! This time the theme is Halloween. My week whizzed by so quickly, since I spent a good deal last week afterwork and on the weekend shopping with my dear friend for her wedding dress. It was Sunday evening, when I discovered to my horror, that the monthly waltzing engagement fell in my travel week, in addition to the weekly Waltzingmouse Sketch challenge. Sometimes work just gets in the way of all things crafty, doesn't it? ;) Honk Leave a comment if you can relate!

And after returning from a fun High Tea Bridal shower on Sunday, I was not ready to think about graveyards, ghosts and green guts. I was still in heaven from savoring my double clotted cream and raspberry preserves on a warm scone. Some of you might recall my frustration of trying to find double clotted cream in the States. The whole afternoon was certainly very girly.

Staring at Wanda's Pantry and Midnight Feast did very little to get my haunt on. So when a girl gets desperate, she just starts crafting. The pink card stock tickled my fancy when I happened to see the deadly skull on Midnight Feast. Perfect: Pink + Skulls = Ode to Paul Frank.


Happy Girly Skully Halloween
Stamps: Midnight Feast (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper: Paper Basics Card Stock - Hibiscus (Papertrey Ink); Basic Card Stock - White (Recollections)
Ink: Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Fresh Snow, Hibiscus (Papertrey Ink); Versamark (Tsukineko)
Embellishments: Stamp 'n Stuff Embossing Powder - White (Stampendous!); Gelly Roll - White (Sakura); Spool 'n Ribbon 1/4" Ribbon - Pink (Offray); Silver Threading (?)


The skull background was inspired by the Pic-Nic Patterns stamps set. I created my own criss-cross hash and at every intersection there was an embossed skull. The dotted hashes are created with a white gel pen. The star background is watermarked onto the card stock. A round sentiment to tie it all together and I had to call it the day, since a certain someone had to still do laundry and pack for her business trip ;)
Happy Girly Skully Halloween
I can't wait to see what all the lovely ladies come up with. Loads of inspiration and talent out there!

23 comments:

Debby said...

Love the colour choice - hot pink a fab colour for Halloween.

Lavender Rose said...

Stunning card in hot pink, love your skull background.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wonderfully creative background. I adore the pink and such a fun new Halloween color. =) Awesome card!

Antje said...

I just love the pink Halloween outcome! and yes I have that too, that work take from my crafting time grmbl....

Carly said...

Wow! A pink Halloween card! Love it!

Bonnie said...

Oooo I love how creative this is! Love the nontraditional colour!!

Kelly S. said...

That is SUCH a cool idea to use pink, it's so much fun! That background is great with your embossed skulls (ewwwww, didn't even want to type that :) Very creative and fun Halloweeny card!

B said...

heh, you know what they say about pink goths? They're actually more goth and scary than goths who don the black. :) That's what I first thought when I saw the pink at least. Hah. Anyhoo, I love the fun use of the skull and gel pen -- what a great way to get inspiration from a stamp! Super fun!

Joanne Gilch said...

Very unique...never would have thought of PINK, but Mona used it as a clue...so there ya go!!!!! clever use of the stamp set and the embossed scull and crossbones... love the card.

Jen said...

Rock on! Love the way you worked the little skulls into a cute, girlie card. Fantastic way to turn a Halloween themed waltz to your frame of mind.
Thanks for sharing

Laurie Marmon said...

Super fun! Pink is out there but you made it work wonderfully! A fun Halloween card.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great idea for a halloween card! I love the pink with skulls!!

anya said...

What a fun card! I love the pattern you created! So glad you could waltz with us!

Pat said...

Love your girly take on this challenge.

Unknown said...

Oh what a gem of a card Ren-Yi!! such a fabby take on Halloween!!! LOVE it!

Deborah Frings said...

This is just brilliant. Pink - just what my Goth Princess daughter (all of 9 years old) would love!

Monique said...

Oh I love the embossed skull on the pink BG!! Wonderful Halloween card :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Love the HOT pink Halloween card Ren-Yi & all those lil' embossed skeletons look super :)

Lenet said...

OOOO wow !!! How cool is this!! A pink halloween card! I love it!

Jaala said...

Pink and skulls? I love it! Great card!

Maureen said...

So fun! Love that you did a pink Halloween card and it came out so cool!

BethieJ said...

Your card is DARLING! I LOVE the hot pink!!!

Kathi said...

It's fabulicious! I love that color scheme and you know I love the skulls. Kudos to you for creating that awesome diamond pattern by hand.

Related Posts with Thumbnails