Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
But the fire is so delightful,
And since we've no place to go,
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

Those were my thoughts when the weather temperatures dropped to below 0 deg Celcius. I was Monday in Boston and could not believe me thinking The Great White North is warmer than Massachusetts. On a great note, this week marks my last business travel for this year ;)


Can't wait to be back later, since I have my huge holiday production to still work on. In the meantime, here is a Waltzingmouse Sketch contribution with a wee, little twist - har har.


I hear you guys groaning. I thought it was punny way to share the current wee Memories challenge with you. And here the actual sketch from Waltzingmouse.


When I first saw this sketch, my brain associated Pokémon ball. I could not get this image out of my head. Thankfully the wee Memories sketch gave me something new to focus on and I finally moved on to "cold" and "snow." Before you know it, I had snowflakes on the mind!

Let It Snow
Stamps: (Compliments of the Season) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Preppie Pack - Blue) Bazzill; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections
Ink: (Momento - True Black) Tsukineko;
Embellishments: (Stickles - Diamond, Perfect Pearls Metallic - Perfect Pearl) Ranger; (Nestabilities - Standard Circle SM, Classic Scalloped Circles SM) 


My Stickles were lined up like little toy soldiers on my desk from a few cards ago, and I decided to put the Diamond Stickles to use. The white section was cut into a fun wave to simulate a mountain of snow. And I am so in love with the little flourish scrolls!

Let It Snow

In the mean time, I really pray and hope it does not snow on Friday, because I do want to make it home. Last business trip, my 5p flight was cancelled and I was chillin' (quite literally) at the airport until the (delayed) 9:30pm-ish flight departed at 20 minutes past the hour. 

Needless to say, I really need every waking and free moment at my crafting sweat shop desk. After all, the holidays are fast approaching...Anyone else feeling the home stretch?

13 comments:

Savitri said...

Awesome card, girlie!! Love the colors too! Thanks for playing with the WMSC!!

Savitri said...

Oh, Pokemon ball, huh? Hmmm... I can see that :P Hope you stay warm! It's awfully cold here too and I thought ppl said England is milder than Missouri...

Cheryl said...

I love your take on the sketch! Great card!

Pokeman ball hmmm... I can see that. My 9 yo daughter loves Pokeman.

Safe travels!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Awesome card, Ren-Yi! Love the curve on your round card. Thank you so much for joining us at Wee Memories! :) And have a happy holidays!

B said...

Love the unique curve on your card -- super cute. And I think you need to post a pic of a pokemon ball for those of us who like to shun those memories. ;-)

Julia Aston said...

Nice round snow card Ren-Yi! love the blue and the fun white swirl on the bottom! Hope you got home ok!

Ann said...

SO darn cute, girl! Thanks for playing at Wee Memories!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Ren-Yi! Great take on this week's sketch! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Clare said...

fab, love the glitter! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC!

Deborah Frings said...

I see what you mean about the Pokemon ball!! :)) But I love your take on the sketch - such fun!

Anita Rex said...

It's freezin over here so I feel your pain! Love this shaped card, such a great take on the sketch and perfect with the carol!

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Ren-Yi. Love your round card - that stickles touch on the lettering is genius.
Hugs
Carol x

Unknown said...

this is beautiful!!! love the color !!

Related Posts with Thumbnails