Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hugs To Feel Better...

It's been raining and pouring - makes me wonder if my little town is having an identity crisis. This time, last year, I was already enjoying my second or third kayak ride. But not this summer! So, what does a girl in despair of summer need? Crafting themes to inspire an "indoor summer." Scrap Our Stash's May Challenge is to use Flowers.

So the irony with flowers is, I love them a lot. But they don't appear in any of my projects, unless I stamp them, or create them from scratch by abusing my balloon die...so, what's really going on?


Feel Better
Stamps: (Pic-nic Patterns, Say It Loud) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Memento - London Fog) Tsukineko; (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar) Ranger
Embellishments: (Rustic Button Cream Twine) Papertrey Ink; (Scrapbooking Floral Embellishments) Portafolia


Thankfully, Kathy tasked us to use flowers from our stash. I have plenty and am not sure I made a noticeable dent...but it looks like a cute bouquet.

Feel Better

Well, I would love to hear inspiration on how you use your flowers. I could use a few inspiration pointers. And who knows, maybe I'll send a random commenter on this blog post a random assortment of flowers ;)

So, come join in on our 
Scrap Our Stash's May challenge. You have a few more days to enter - and there is a long weekend ahead :)

3 comments:

Clare said...

SO pretty, love the flowers! It doesn't feel like summer here yet either! But they're promising a change in the weather here by next weekend! Fingers crossed! : )

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card Ren-Yi.
I dont use flowers all that often either. But I love to team them with my swirl die cut. I like the flowers on top of the die cut with the swirl coming out from behind.
Alicia xx

Elisa said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Ren-Yi.
About using flowers, wait for me next tutorial ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails