Saturday, May 14, 2011

[Music Saves My Soul] Hayashi Masako - Umi no Okaasan (Mother of the Sea)


I finally got around to watching Ponyo, another Miyazaki masterpiece that I have not checked off my list yet. The opening scene begins with this happy, cheerful flyover of the city, all the vibrant colors of the anime (or cartoon) really coming to life, all accompanied with this haunting, beautiful opera written by Hayashi Masako & Joe Hisaishi. It sent such chills down my spine that I had to share this with you this week:

Hayashi Masako - Umi no Okaasan (Mother of the Sea)

The YouTube video won't embed, so just hop on over and listen to this "in concert" version. Isn't the singer absolutely brilliant? Hope you're having a music-inspired week!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

She has a stunning voice! Thank you for sharing

nbde2020 said...

You can find superior swiss replica omega watches on sale here for both men and women.
Replica Rolex

Related Posts with Thumbnails