Friday, May 13, 2011

Spots & Dots Galore...

If you're reading this post, then Blogger is finally up. This is my second attempt and I have tried to repost some of my lost items...If you see something missing or have a comment gone unanswered, give me a quick shout-out. But onwards with the actual show...shall we?

We're having a fun new challenge at Mami Doodle today! The theme is Spots and/or Stripes. I love all things spotty and dotty - polka dots, big and small. I love the textures and the interest that it can bring...So thank you, Wendy, for  this brilliant idea. And while you're over there - leave her some love :)


I'd also like to tell you of two other exciting news:
  • Mami Doodles has a "new" store site up. (I say "new" because I was not able to announce it at our last challenge, because I had to sit that one out) I love it. It has a nice, sweet, clean design. I'm sure Elisa would love to hear your feedback too.
  • We have new additions to the Mami Doodles Design Team. This is their first week on the job, and I am already loving all their designs. Say "Hi" to Lisa, Stephanie, and Manuela. Make sure to stop by their blogs and give them some welcome love! You'll be stunned by their creations! 
Now that I have you all ears and excited about the changes, are you ready to come spy my little card? I used an oldie but goodie Mami Doodle digi called "Tina and Spotty." This digi's name actually jumped into my head, when I heard this week's theme and is the basis of my inspiration. The card comes with lots of spots & dots galore ... can you count 'em all? ;)


Thinking of Ya 

Stamps: (Tina and Spotty) Mami Doodles; (Frame-It) Waltzingmouse Stamps Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollections; (Two Scoops) Basic Grey Ink: (Jenni Bowlin - No. 11 Brown Sugar; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain) Ranger Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Stickles - Diamond) Ranger; (Spool ' o Ribbon - Cream) Offray; (Cute as a Button - Burlap Button) Nikki Sivils

So, Tina and Spotty actually also comes with a spot-less doggie, but where is the fun in that for this challenge? To add more spots & dots I paper pieced Tina with some fun Two Scoops paper and colored in the rest to match the pattern paper. I could not make up my mind if I should have made her coat or her dress spotty. But when I get dressed - I try to pair the more colorful shirts with glittery embellish with a plain cardigan or jacket to make it more subtle. So using that same logic, I gave Tina a spotty dress and a solid jacket for subtleness.

Thinking of Ya

I went a tad sponge happy with the Walnut Stain and thought how plain it still looked. But with Stickles to the rescue, I "colored" in the raised dots..! It creates such a fun effect! The card just needed a quick little sentiment to finish it off -- and there you have it!

Thinking of Ya

Sorry for the long post, but I hope this has you excited and motivated to come play along with our growing Mami Doodle Family. The new gals are fun & sweet - go see for yourself!

7 comments:

JACKIE M said...

Beautiful card, I love your little button and embossed background.

Jackie

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely! I love that button! Thanks for popping in to say hello today too!

farmhouse-story said...

your little girl is adorable! love the paper piecing and your background, ren-yi:)

Mani said...

Hi Ren-Yi. I love your card. Gorgeous colors, especially the gold embossed features. Very pretty.

Mami Doodles said...

I absolutely love the card - the background and Tina's dress are fabulous. I loved reading your thought process too. Thanks&!

Trinh said...

Hi Ren-Yi! I love Tina's dotty dress and that embossed background! Great job, my friend!

Lisa said...

Gorgoeus Ren-Yi! I'm loving the paper piecing and the stunning background :)
Lisa xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails