Thursday, July 21, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #29 - Wings

Did you play along last week with us at Do You Stack Up (DYSU)? We had 100+ players and was I wow-ed by all of your creations. Thanks so much for joining us. I hope you had fun. And this week's challenge will hopefully bring another wave of creativity. I think you'll like it, since it can be interpreted in many ways.  So come one, come all! 


This week pull out anything that has wings - your birdie stamps, your butterflies, your dragon flies, fairies, angels...don't forget that amazing pattern paper too! So show us what you got with Wings this week.

Today I'm featuring Pixie Dust Studio digi. Thank you, Kathy, for being one of our lovely sponsors this week! My card is showcasing a cutie patootie called Baker Fairy. I'm so glad I got to create with her. The avid baker in me thinks she is super cute - who can say "no" to those big eyes?


Happy Birthday
Stamps: (It's a Girl Thing - Baker Fairy) Pixie Dust Studios; (Frame-It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Pure Poppy, Aqua Mist) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - Cream) Recollection; (School Spirit Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen) Ranger; (Brilliance - Pearlescent White) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Ultrafine Prisma Glitter) Palette; (Sticker Glass - B-Day Bash Collection) imaginisce


I wanted to use that cute little glass sticker embellishment and decided to pull some colors that mixed and matched well. A little bit of coloring and distressing to match the cream in the pattern paper. I didn't have a good idea on how to stamp on a sentiment. Sometimes adding a label or a certain sentiment draws the eye to that place, and with Baker Fairy and the cake sticker I had already too many focal points. So I created a background with a happy birthday sentiment - a not so subtle way of adding a sentiment, but I think it doesn't detract from the Baker Fairy. What do ya'll think?

Happy Birthday

I hope to see you play along this week. Check out what the amazing  DYSU DT has created to get your inspiration flowing. Feel free to leave a little bit of love.

Our sponsors this week:

7 comments:

Denise said...

This is so pretty. Love the stamped background and that little cake embellie.
Hugs
Denise xx

*Alison* said...

Oh my goodness!! This is amazing.. I love how she matches the glass sticker, and the coloring, and colors are wonderful.. :) way to make those wings SHINE!!
HUGS
Alison
DYSU-Owner

Phoodista said...

this one's so cute! :)

Frances said...

Beautiful creation! Love your background stamping and the color combination,
HUGS
Frances
DYSU DT Team

Unknown said...

she is such a dear little thing - the wings really stand out

Miranda said...

lovely card Ren Yi really very cute
hugs
Miranda

Jennifer Lo said...

Just admiring the cheerful colors of the card made my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails