Thursday, September 22, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #38 - Seeing Double

If you're on a red eye flight coming from the west coast, and you're pulling directly into work and haven't gotten much sleep in the last few days, some symptoms might occur, including Seeing Double - our theme of this week
I had a great time out west. We saw an abbreviated version of Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Zion, as well as half a day of Las Vegas. Actually the only thing I really did want to do in Las Vegas was stand in front of the Bellagio and watch the fountain. But shall we get on to our card for this week?



My card showcases a fun, whimsy bird from none other than our own, talented Alison from Stretch 'n Bubbles. I hope I did it justice :) 

Hi There
Stamps: (Shae Bird) Stretch 'n Bubbles; (Mega Mixed Messages) Papertrey Ink
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Fresh Linen, Ripe Avocado) Papertrey Ink; (Basic Card Stock - White) Recollection; (Out of Print) Basic Grey
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin No. 6 - Stick Candy) Ranger
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Point 88) Stabilo; (Multi-colored Tiny Twinkles) Taylored Expressions; (Rustic Jute Button Twine; Impression Plate - Linen) Papertrey Ink; (Border Punch - Upper Crest) Fiskars


The birds are just too cute. I thought they were perfect for fluttering by and saying "Hi there." They made me smile and I hope the recipient will too...Here an unclose look at my terrible fancy cutting. I kept thinking that I will accidentally amputate the back feathers. In fact, we started discussing what the best scissors are among us DYSU gals, but I have to catch up on the discussion since I was away. I will let you know what the consensus is ;)

Hi There

I wanted the fun detailed design to stick out, so I went over the details with my Stabilo markers. The piece of Fresh Linen card stock is impressed with some Linen texture and wrapped with a little bit of Jute twine to give it an interesting, but subtle, asymmetry. The asymmetry so goes against my grain, but I am glad I didn't wrap the other side. I kinda like it...what do you think?

Hi There

Anyways, here is wishing you a Happy Thursday. I hope to see you play along this week. Hop over to the DYSU blog to see some of their amazing DT work on doubles

Our sponsors this week:

JLJ Designs
$10 Gift Certificate


Stretch 'n Bubbles
Winner’s Choice of 4 Images

My Divine Inspiration
Winner’s Choice of 5 Digis

7 comments:

Denise said...

This is so pretty - love the pink birds and that gorgeous flowery background paper.
Hugs
Denise xx

Unknown said...

I love the birds and all of the texture that your card provides! Great job!

*Alison* said...

this is so pretty.. you did such a great job.. I love that you embossed that cardstock too.. I need that embossing folder.. :) lol HUGS

Pauline said...

This is beautiful! Love the pink birds, against the twine, looks wonderful!

Marcy said...

Beautiful, Ren-Yi. Love those birdies!

Unknown said...

Ren-Yi, this is so cute! I love your papers and your fussy cutting! Heather :)

Unknown said...

That's so pretty - love the way the layers stand out

Related Posts with Thumbnails