Thursday, December 8, 2011

[DYSU] Challenge #49 - Something Old

Good morning, dear blog world! Is anyone else feeling the holiday crunch? I haven't mailed out a single Christmas card and am wondering if I have missed the deadline for them to receive them on time ;) I haven't started my holiday baking, or my home-made little something treat...I have guests visiting for a little more than a week, maybe I can put them to work ... Ines & Meik if you are reading this, I am kidding!

Anyways, here is a non-holiday card to fit our Something Old theme, and it's not wedding-ish, although I did contemplate making something with the "something new, something old, something borrowed" theme.



My card has an image from Saturated Canary and is just a fun little card for any occasion. 

Dancing Gypsy
Stamps: (Zorana the Gypsy Dancer) Saturated Canary; (Gertie "Girly") My Mind's Eye
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Royal Velvet) Papertrey Ink; (Wisteria) Basic Grey
Ink: (Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Antique Linen) Ranger; (Brilliance - Moonlight White) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Lace Pack - White) American Crafts; (Stickles - Xmas Red) Ranger


Some of the "old" elements that I was going for was: pattern paper that I have been hoarding in my stash, like the Wisteria line from Basic Grey. I also sponged some distress ink along the edges on the Gypsy girl with some Antique Linen to give it that old vintage feel. Lastly, I thought doilies and lace are great "vintage" elements and decided to stamp off the background with some small doilies I have in my stash. It's quite lovely, isn't it?

Dancing Gypsy

Since this digi is quite lovely, here is a up close look on the image. I decided to give this little gypsy a red-brown mane. I thought it made her look a little more fiery! The little heart on her dress actually has some red Stickles, but it is hard to tell in this picture.

Dancing Gypsy

Anyways, I am going to leave you with the rest of the inspiration from the DYSU girls. Don't forget to make your "something old" project and you might just be a lucky winner :)

Our sponsors this week:

Saturated Canary
Winner’s Choice of 2 Digis

Copic Markers Scrapbooking
Prize Package: Pack of paper of the winners choice, 4 collage sets of the winners choice, a stamp set of the winners choice, and vintage pearl button pack, vintage lace, and Gecko Galz fibers

5 comments:

Denise said...

Great card Ren-Yi. I have this image but have not used her yet - really should as she is gorgeous. Love your stamped doilies.
Hugs
Denise xx

Marcy said...

Beautiful image, beautiful card, Ren-Yi.

WencheP said...

The image is just fabulous, love it! Great card.

Hugs,
Wenche

Naomi said...

This is BEAUTIFUL, Ren-Yi! LOVE this image, the colours, the crochet lace, and the background stamping!

Happy Holiday Hugs!
Naomi

Mary Jo said...

Beautiful coloring of the image. The patchwork look of the dress is beautiful! Love the doilies too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails