Friday, December 23, 2011

[Mami Doodles] Challenge #40 - Altered Item or Home Decor

Happy Friday, Everyone! I am enjoying my first day off from work for the rest of the year ;) It is also a great way to get caught up on everything that's been dragging...like this blog post ;)

Last week we had a Mami Doodle challenge: Altered Item / Home Decor. My project is actually a Christmas present for two very special friends, who were wed this past summer. If you remember this blog post, then you can see why I chose to alter the frame the way I did. It's for the same couple :) And you know my slight obsession with matchy-matchy...


For the Bride & Groom
Stamps: (Love Tree) Mami Doodles; (Victorian Alphabet, Big Blooms - Chrysanthemums, Big Day Additions) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (tissue paper) Recycled stash
Ink: (Versamark, Brilliance - Pearlescent Sky Blue, Memento - London Fog) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Detail Embossing Powder - Black) Ranger


I started by measuring out the frame and centering the sentiment, stamped off the watermark and then embossed it in black for some extra shine.

For the Bride & Groom

Then I repeated the same for the date, and stamped off some Chrysanthemums in the same/similar shades of the same card. I actually chose London Fog, rather than embossing silver powered, and a shade of blue that is similar to the Papertrey Ink Spring Rain paper.

For the Bride & Groom

I added the Love Tree to this frame. The digi parallels the picture of the wedding couple in front of the tree, and thought this was a nice touch. What do you think?

For the Bride & Groom

A closer look at the beautiful digi. I kind of had some creative liberties with outlining the couple. I made their mouth angles be a little more smiley than the actually digi. I hope Elisa doesn't mind...

For the Bride & Groom

I hope the couple really enjoys this. Last I checked they didn't have a picture of their wedding in their home yet, and I thought this might help them jump-start on capturing the wedding day.

For the Bride & Groom

Hope you play along. We are leaving this challenge open for a while, so you have until January, 13, 2012. If you need some inspiration, check out the many DT's work and then make a fun project for your home. Perfect way to ring in the new year with something new...

4 comments:

Ines said...

Juat wonderful. I made myself last night a frame with a photo, but far away from your style.

Thanks for sharing.

Greetings from Germany, ines

Have a fab christmas

Pauline said...

Wow, what a fabulous gift, and a very gorgeous keepsake for this most special of days! I love the elegant sentiment paired with the chrysanthemums in blue, a match made in heaven!

Unknown said...

Amazing!! Love it. Great job and great inspiration. I love home decor projects!!

Mary Jo said...

Gorgeous! How could they not be thrilled with this?!

Related Posts with Thumbnails