Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Easter

Hello everyone! Here is a quick post for a challenge that I have missed so much. I'm glad the Embellish Gang is back and have put down a color trend challenge. Here is the beautiful challenge poster:


When I saw this poster I immediately thought of the Nantucket collection paper color scheme. I guess it's pretty much a done deal when I have something in my head...I decided to ink up a few of my new Waltzingmouse Stamps for this fun challenge.

Happy Easter
Stamps: (Roses in Bloom, Compact Sentiments, Chicken Wire) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink; (Nantucket) Pink Paislee
Ink: (Jenni Bowlin No. 11 - Brown Sugar, No. 14 Speckled Egg, Tim Holtz Distress Inks - Vintage Photo) Ranger; (Ingvild Bolme Chalk Fluid Edger - Rose) Prima
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Mister Huey - Cameo) Studio Calico; (Point 88) Stabilo


I decided to give the stamped rose a little more dimension by coloring in some pink and distressing the edge. It also helps dampen the bright yellow that it is. The speckled sentiment draws inspiration from speckled eggs and the name of the Jenni Bowlin ink ("Speckled Egg"). Kinda a fun twist...

Happy Easter

I suppose the chicken wire comes from the inspiration of eggs and chicken... and I secretly just really wanted to ink up that new set :)

Hope this tickles... the DT from Embellish has some amazing inspirations for this challenge. And I am so happy that the team is back!

4 comments:

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Look at you! Love those patterns and that chicken wire stamp too! ;) It really scream spring to me!

Pauline said...

Oh WOW Ren- Yi, this is one amazing card! I love the vibrant colours, and how cool is that chicken wire stamp? Fab card!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! I love the colours
Hugs Julie P

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous, loving the colours and the chicken wire in the background.
Hugs
Desire

Related Posts with Thumbnails