Saturday, March 24, 2012

[Scrap Our Stash] March Challenge - Green

Good morning, folks! This is going to be a wonderful Saturday, because today is my friend's baby shower. I have been busy as a bee prepping a bunch of things for her and her husband, and am loving this complete Baby Zoo Animals theme that this party has going!

At Scrap Our Stash's March Challenge we are creating things around the theme Green.

Let's switch gears for a second and talk baby shower...My friend loves all things cute, but is not a pink fan. So even though she and her husband are expecting a lil baby girl, I decided to go with classic colors, such as green and yellow.

Here is a sneak peek of the baby shower cards:


Baby Shower Invitations

I alternated yellow with green and green with yellow on the invitations, varied up the little zoo animals stamped onto them, and kept the text the same. Here is a little collage pic of my supplies (and supply list)

Baby Shower Invitations
Stamps: (Join Us) Waltzingmouse Stamps; (Sarah Phelps Collection - Noah's Ark) Impression Obession
Paper: (Perfect Basics Card Stock - Lemon Zest, Spring Moss; Stamper's Select Vellum) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Memento - Tuxedo Black, London Fog) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Bubbles Edger Punch) EKSucces; (5/8" 
Saddle Stitch Ribbon - Ripe Avocado) Papertrey Ink

I always prototype a card first, before I go into mass production mode. And since I want to go with a graphic look, I decided to stamp off most the animals in grey and put one of the zoo animals in front center. 

Baby Shower Invitations

The trim were cut out first, then the edge punched, lastly stamped on with the invitation from the Join Us Waltzingmouse Stamp set with again London Fog and Tuxedo Black to mimic the graphic effect of the animals. The ribbon is just a fun little touch to put a little bit of accent into the whole design. Here an up close look...

Baby Shower Invitations

The inside has a little cute invitation poem that I came up with on one of my drives down to Maryland. It is printed with a laser printer on Vellum for a little bit of fanciness and glued carefully into the inside...

Baby Shower Invitations

Details on the invitation poem and party favors will have to be posted up later on my blog...

In the meantime, check out the Scrap Our Stash's March Challenge. You have until the end of the month to get your inspirations in. What green things is tickling your creative mojo?

5 comments:

Pauline said...

These are just perfect Ren Yi, I love the pastel colours in a neutral theme! Just beautiful!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, it made me laugh out loud lol! I always pay my builders! Lolol!

Blütenstempel said...

Sooooo beautiful!

andrea

Elisa said...

ADORABLE!!! Love the classic colours with the cute stamps.

Lisa said...

Awww, this is totally adorable Ren-Yi! Love how you stamped all the animals on the back.
hugs Lisa

La Vikinga said...

Here's the beautiful green creation I wanted to tell you it's amazing!!!

La Vikinga

Related Posts with Thumbnails