Thursday, May 10, 2012

[Paperplay Challenges] Week No. 19 - Chipboard

Note: If you are looking for DYSU challenge - please keep scrolling :)

Hello there! I'm ready for this week to finish. I hope the weekend is good, because I am planning to go into New York. I have a much needed date planned with my hunny. We've been wanting to watch a musical of some sorts for a long while. Any suggestions? My bucket list has Wicked, Avenue Q, Billy Elliott, and Book of Mormons. But we're here to introduce a new challenge...

At PaperPlay Challenge we are inspiring you to whip out Chipboard. I have stashes of certain collections, so I was set for this challenge. About a year and a half I probably wouldn't even try entering this kind of challenge, if I didn't. But try to think outside the box and create your own. A little bit of pattern paper and some cardboard is just the start... the sky's your limit :)


Mum
Stamps: none
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Sweet Blush) Papertrey Ink; (Emma's Shoppe Collection) Crate Paper
Ink: none
Embellishments:  (Emma's Shoppe Collection - Chipboard) Crate Paper; (Thickers - Muse) Amy Tangerine


I saw this cute frame when I pulled out my Emma's Shoppe and knew I wanted to use it. The idea was to frame the word "Mum" since Mother's Day is just around the corner ;) I created a little backing with some pattern paper, because the letters need something to make 'em pop.

Mum

Everything came together pretty quickly. Some Baker's Twine and some more pattern paper... 

Mum

Have you made your mother's day cards yet? I think I need to make one for the boy to give to his mum... Are you also crafting for his side of the family?

Anyways, hop on over to the other PPC girls and see what they have created for this week's challenge. They have always lovely creations and bring great ideas to the table!

Our sponsor this week:

  • Crafty Cutting

3 comments:

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card Ren-Yi - love what you created.

Pauline said...

This is beautiful Ren Yi, I love the fresh papers, and the fab chipboard frame and lettering.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is so beautiful!LOVE it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails