Thursday, June 21, 2012

Happy, Happy...Birthday

Hello everyone! It has been a while since I have gotten around to be able to submit a card for Embellish challenge. Just a quick post to link this card up :)


These colors really say whimsey too me. I suppose it could have been vintage too, but as usual, I'm in a need of a birthday card and decided to make this more whimsy.

Happy, Happy
Stamps: N/A
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Sweet Blush; Damask Designs) Papertrey Ink; (Lost & Found Two - Blush) My Mind's Eye
Ink: (Versamark; Briliance - Pearlescent Sky Blue) Tsukineko; (Perfect Match Pigment Ink - Vintage Cream) Papertrey Ink
Embellishments: (Mixed Brads - Karlie) The Girl's Paperie; (Nestabilities - Big Scalloped Circles Large) Spellbinders; (Mister Huey - Cameo) Studio Calico; (Alphabeans - Pickled Pink) Jillibean Soup; (Washi - With love on Gray Sketch, White Hearts on White) Love My Tapes; (Alphabet Stickers) Prima


I decided to make my own flower embellishment and was set on using the pink rhinestone brad. The whimsey really came together with my new secret combo: mists & washi. Can't go wrong with those ;) Also really wanted to use these fun alphas I found in my stash that were from Prima. They have an interesting cool foam/spongy-like texture. Almost like from a play mat...

Happy, Happy

That's all I have for you. Thanks for peeking :) What are you favorite combos for whimsey?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Stunning flower and I adore the variety of fonts....great design!

Mara Campbell said...

Great card!!! I love your layered flower and love the combination of letters you used for the sentiment!

Leigh Penner said...

Great card, Ren-Yi! I love this colour combo and how you executed it!

Virginia L. said...

Love this delightful card! Congrats on being one of the Hot cards in Embellish!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails