Thursday, August 16, 2012

[DYSU] Challenge #85 - Buttons Blog Hop


Good morning everyone! Are you arriving from my talented crafty UK-friend, Pauline? I bet she left you with some very inspiring takes on this week's challenge. If you aren't coming from Pauline's then I encourage you to start from the beginning. But let's get on with the show...

As you can see from the DYSU Blog, we are dedicating this blog hop to none other than the brilliant Meredith. Meredith's stint on the DYSU team was short & sweet, but I would not have wanted it any other way. She's super sweet to have around and always so encouraging. And from her projects (as you can tell) not too shabby - quite the contrary actually. Often they leave me with my jaw hanging: I'm green with envy on her coloring skills, especially when it comes to hair; other times it's the way she uses her materials in unique & creative ways; even more, she has this keen sense of color combos and pairs up not-so-obvious things together. May I borrow your brain sometime? I do want to know how she comes up with these stellar creations! No matter what images you throw at her, she makes them into master pieces! (and I would know since I threw some tough ones at her) That, my friends, is talent! Well, Meredith, thanks for being teamies for a while, and don't ever be stranger. You know where to find me...I'm sure we'll stay in touch! 

For this week I'm showcasing none other than Korin's Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I love her images and the team is so kind.

You're Special
Stamps: (Berry Sweet Cocoa, Elly & Friends) Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Pure Poppy, Spring Moss) Papertrey Ink; (Garden Variety) Cosmo Cricket
Ink: (Memento - Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (Soft-core Color Pencils) Prismacolor; (Ultrafine Prisma Glitter) Palette; (Stickled - Diamond) Ranger; (Border Punch - Upper Crest) Fiskars; (Vintage Buttons - Pure Poppy) Papertrey Ink; (Ribbon) Michael's 


My pattern paper almost seemed like an obvious choice when i was flipping through my older (ahem, hoarded) papers: Garden Variety...aren't the berries just perfect? I do love this green & red combo, and for once I'm not thinking Christmas! This card actually makes me think summer (although strawberry season has been long over). I also added buttons as my strawberries and gave them a Stickles treatment to match Cocoa's big, sparkly berry.

You're Special

Hope it tickles (or sparkles). Now off you go to to see Wenche in Norway. Looks like you're bouncing between continents...getting dizzy yet? And in case you get lost, here is the full list...Remember to hop all the way to the end to say goodbye to Meredith! I'm sure I will be missing her inspirations!
This week's sponsors:

Winner's Choice of 5 Digital Stamps

$10 Gift Certificate

Winner's Choice of 5 Digital Images

17 comments:

Pauline said...

Gorgeous card with this sweet image! I love the glittered strawberry, and the fab pretty backing paper and glittered buttons. Beautiful!

Jessi Fogan said...

I love the sparkly berry! Makes me think of one dipped in a little bit of sugar...yum :)

WencheP said...

This is so cute! The glittery strawberry is just perfect!

Hugs,
Wenche

Denise said...

This is adorable Ren-Yi. Love that cute image and perfect backing paper. The glittered buttons look lovely.
Hugs
Denise xx

Pia S said...

How sweet is this! Such a cute image and great design papers, and love the added glitter on the buttons!

Rose said...

super sweet and i love the sparkle you added :)

*i have that same paper tucked away also! hoarded sounds so bad!! lol

auntbeespickles said...

Such a happy card! Great idea to put glitter on the buttons! Great creativity!
Hugs, Sarah T

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is very cute! I like the red and green combo too!!!

Patty said...

This card is just darling!! And I am loving hopping between continents!!

Patty
hapscrappy@blogspot.com

Sarah said...

Very cute card!

MrsD07 said...

HEHE! So cute!! Love that little mouse!

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is so adorable! :)

Unknown said...

Great card, those buttons looks so yummy ;) Hugs, Joan

Marcy said...

Oh Ren-Yi, this card is "berry, berry cute!" Thanks so much for having me back for this hop. I've been so busy preparing for my new grandchild coming next week! Hugs, Marcy

WendyP said...

GREAT card - love the digi , colourings and the use of the buttons

Rachel said...

Sweet card, love how you've used the buttons! Wedgie xxx

Evy G said...

What a cute card! Love your use of buttons as strawberries! Great idea!

Hugs, Evy

Related Posts with Thumbnails