Tuesday, March 11, 2014

[Uniko Studio] March Revisited Blog Hop - Beautiful Blooms I

Hello everyone! We are having a blog hop revisiting one of Uniko Studio's popular sets Beautiful Blooms I. Except this month we have a small twist since Bev is releasing some fabulous dies to go with the set. I was so excited to hear this, since those flowers always are begging to be cut - and this is just so much easier :)

  

Since the dies didn't reach me in time, I have created a card with just the re-visited stamp set. I was running off to my best friend's bridal shower and her colors are dark, royal purple. This was just the right amount of inspiration to get my started.

Forgive the lighting on the picture. It's completely off, and since I am not in possession of the card, I couldn't take another picture.

May You Live Happily Ever After
Stamps: (Beautiful Blooms I) Uniko Studio; (Big Day - Additions) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Paper: (Paper Basics Card Stock - Royal Velvet, Plum Pudding) Papertrey Ink
Ink: (Versamark) Tsukineko; (Perfect Match Hybrid Ink - Fresh Snow)
Embellishments: (Pearls - 3mm, 5mm) Mark Richards; (Stamp 'n Stuff Embossing Power - White Opaque) Stampendous!


I decided to emboss the sentiment with white embossing powder. Then I layered a bunch of white blooms with white hybrid ink, and chose to emboss the one white bloom to give it some layers. I was also trying to "shade" the flower in by sprinkling some embossing powder onto the sides.

May You Live Happily Ever After

A few pearls to finish the look. I will have to post up the wedding invites that I did for this shower, and you'll see how I kept it all in the same color scheme and style.

May You Live Happily Ever After

Hope you feel inspired with some samples. Make sure to stop by Stacey's and Gayatri's blog since this is the last blog hop - I will be so sad to see these two lovely girls go. They have been a true inspiration and I really enjoyed sharing an opportunity to design along side them.

On a more happy note, we also have one other person joining us - Gillian. I'm so glad to see join the team. Your Uniko Studio work has been really impressive thus far and I hope the rest of the fan base is just as equally excited.

Back to housekeeping: Bev is going to draw a winner for the stamp set AND the designer dies. In the meantime, I'm sending you off to fabulous, amazing Stacey.

Here the whole list for easy navigation ...
I hope you like what you're seeing. Hope to see your creations soon!

21 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Striking and beautiful and perfect for so many occasions. X

Gillian R said...

So pretty and striking, love it

Beverley said...

Stunning Ren-YI, love the mix of white stamping & white embossed flowers - FAB idea. Hugs Bev x

Carole said...

A very different twist on this card. I like how you have just embossed the ne flower to make it pop.

Mac Mable said...

Love the colours of this card and the twist of popping some extra white embossing powder onto the ends of some of the flowers. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Great look with the white embossing powder. TFS.

Luana said...

Love those colors. Pretty.

Jane said...

A beauty. My colours too, so of course I love it!

conil said...

Oh my...you're going to have one very happy recipient of this card. It's gorgeous.

Craftyfield said...

You've managed a great effect with the fading embossing, I really get the sense of a foreground and background. Lovely card.

cm said...

What a gorgeous card for your friend in celebration of her upcoming wedding! The royal purple/white combination is ever so striking and eye-catching! She will absolutely love this, as do I!
c

Iris said...

This is beautiful - I love the purple and white color combo.
isoscia at aol dot com

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card.
Love the effect you got with sprinkling the embossing powder.
Caroline xxx

Sarah G said...

Love the white embossing against that vibrant background! Lovely card!

Neets B said...

This is so elegant, love the white against the dark backdrop.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty! Love the white against the purple!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful card! I love that you personalized the colors for your friend.

loulou said...

I love that deep purple and the white together - stunning results.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very nice effect you created with the sprinkling of the embossing powder.

~amy~ said...

gorgeous Ren-Yi!

sandie said...

I like the way you have created a layered look with the embossing x

Related Posts with Thumbnails